Friday, April 24, 2009

Cannibalism

I grabbed that butcher's knife
from the kitchen counter top
and as you stood there in disbelief
I cut my chest open.
I felt the blade
cut through my flesh,
and ripped my heart out
with my bare hands.
I placed it in front of you
throbbing, still beating,
bleeding away.
You stayed still,
looked away.
I interpreted your silence,
so I took it back
and ate it.
I felt the pain
as my teeth ripped it apart
slowly,
the blood dripping down my throat
mixing with the mute tears.
I swallowed and threw up,
threw up and swallowed.
I didn't want it back.
Somehow it seemed more appropriate
to have a hole now
where my heart once was.

2 comments:

lesmanufactures said...

strange, beautiful, deeper journey into the obscure nox.
can i use your "journey" in a new creation performance that i working now? the name of the play it will be OBSCURE.

thanks for your words

marc (marc@naudefacte.com)

NOX said...

Sure. Could I see it?